Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Start squeezing the buffalo.....taxes may be on the rise

After hearing a few days ago about the 29th of October being O'Malley's date for the call of the Special Session, it doesn't suprise me one bit. He predicts that the plans for new taxes and what appears to be his "budget busting plan" will be ready before or by thanksgiving. I don't think I share his same optimism on the subject. I think that he is probably going to be in for a rude awakening.

Makes me ponder the question if O'Malley is doing this knowing that his constituents (the democrats that control the hand) may pull him through or if this is just a blind leap of faith in order to make an easy way out of a budget crisis. It also compells me to think if this maybe a last resort before doing any "republican-like" budget cuts. I know he'd sooner cancel christmas.

And one last thing, Marty, quit trying to put the pressure on the people to back slots by using the threat of higher taxes. Its not good job security.

No comments: