Sunday, November 25, 2007

Illusions of Grandeur

Well, I see Greg Kline finally climbed out from under his rock and made some semblance of a reply to my last Blog Entry. Oh and how the words fly as he explains how he "Knows hes made it big" even comparing his success to that of Howard Stern. It came to me after reading Kline's great work I entitled for him "Illusions of Grandeur," that the people we should be asking about Greg's great success are the voters of 33A. I guess that thought never occurred to him. And if his success is more recent, I have yet to see the people of 33A's grass-roots campaign to get Kline into the 2010 primary for any position.

Kline also claims that I listen to his podcast avidly to make sure i catch every last syllable and to see what he is going to say next in order to ridicule him. Saying this as a reasonably sane human being, That statement couldn't be further from the truth. I can't stand Kline's podcast, let alone listening to every word of mindless drivel that comes from a wanna-be delegate and a few of his cronies.

However, Kline always pops up at the least expected time and says something rash or something about 10 miles out of line. Before the holiday, Kline posted a multi-paragraph dictation on what he believed was so greatly terrible about Del. James King and how people should retaliate against his decisions. His biggest hit on King was his yea vote for higher taxes. Well, Ground Control to Major Greg, He obviously wasn't the only one who voted that way seeing how the bills were passed, so why are we attacking only Del. King? Why? Because Kline still can't get over the fact that he isn't in King's position, and that he lost the election.

The biggest reason I can't stand the attack against King is because Kline chose to tell people to retaliate against him using the threat of destroying his livelihood, aka his business ventures.

"Many have suggested boycotting restaurants in which King has a small ownership interest. Take this one step further. Demand that Republican groups, like the West County Republican Club, not meet at these restaurants and vow to never support any group or candidate who has an event there.King gets great mileage from making his places available to others. Boycotting his ability to collect political chits will do much more than trying to reduce overall business."

I don't care what way you look at this Kline, you reduce his business at all in any way you're an SOB in my book.

Kline has also recently gone on the warpath for our other lovable blogger, Bud. As I was trying to enjoy reading Red Maryland, which I have recently gotten into (with the exceptions of Kline's posts), I notice Kline left an extremely harsh comment towards Bud, not only insulting him, but questioning his loyalty to his parties interests and beliefs: https://www.blogger.com/comment.gblogID=5526679980101311470&postID=8107231733893940731
So what if Bud walks to the beat of a slightly different drum? That's his right.

In that link, Kline also states "There are no such things as conservative democrats." This shows the world how hard core right wing conservative Kline really is and why he wasn't elected: Because he's close to, if not a conservative radical. That's something I believe that this county can't endure that well, let alone the entire country. Not only that, being an arrogant, Pompous Ass isn't helping his cause too much in the grand scheme of things.

Don't worry Greg, the voters already forgot your name. Better luck next time.

Love,

Frank

4 comments:

Greg Kline said...

It is delusions of grandeur genius.

David K. Kyle said...

I could be wrong but I think that is a play on words. Do you listen when I am one of the cronies on the podcast?
Long before this thing with King popped up I have always thought it wrong to use his restaurants. I heard that he busses Delegates to one of them at times. I have never confirmed this but if it is true I believe that is highly unethical.
As to Kaufmanns I have been going there since I was a kid. I had my rehearsal dinner there and I can say without a doubt in my mind the place has gone downhill. It is the Restaurant I wrote about here http://thecandidtruth.blogspot.com/2007/02/grammy-awards.html
The only reason I still go there occasionally is because when my brothers and sisters come into town they want to go there because they had fond memories of it also. It really is a shame because it used to be such a great place.

Frank Reily said...

You are indeed right David. I was giving Greg the benefit of the doubt as to actually being delusional, but as a wise man once said: "Better to keep your mouth shut and have them think your [stupid], than to open it and remove all doubt." Now just exchange the word stupid with delusional, and now you've got your dime.

And as for Greg, I'm glad to see YOU'VE picked all my words apart. I think I may have just made it big too. Obviously 'thumbing your nose' with that measly little one lined comment of your usual arrogance is the best you could do to reply. Good luck with that 50th podcast and all 8.25 listeners.

Jerry Shandrowsky said...

I have been taking a needed break from blogs. Now I'll weigh in. Greg claims to be a conservative. Personally, I see him as a partisan. When the majority republican members of an elected body vote for something, you can count on Greg on to support it. Now, if the exact same bill were being denounced by the republican body, Greg again would be in line. The double standard exposes his selective outrage.

I don't think Greg is a bad guy. I am a little taken aback by the way he seems to be on a mission to attack me instead of engaging in an honest debate. It hasn't always been like that with Greg. I agree with Mr. Frank. Lately Greg seems to be using more harsh rhetoric.

Relax Greg. We're a bunch of guys sitting around having a discussion. Honest disagreements are healthy.